- Start date: ASAP
- Salary: Salary £21,189 Pro Rata Grade 4 Point 4
- Hours: Hours Mon – Fri 8.45am – 3.45pm Term time only
- Closing date: November 30th 2023 at 17:00
We require an ambitious and experienced Teaching Assistant to support children’s learning in our brand new, purpose-built school which opened in September 2022.
The successful candidate will work to provide 2:1 support for one of our children with an EHCP, starting at the first available opportunity.
The Governing Body and Headteacher at Bramshall Meadows First School are looking to appoint a caring, committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support one of our pupils with additional needs.
We are seeking to employ an experienced teaching assistant who has previously worked with a pupil with complex physical and medical needs.
You will be responsible for supporting in class, individually and with medical needs – including moving and handling routines. You will deliver focused provision to specifically meet the needs of the child and will work alongside existing staff. At lunchtimes, you will provide additional support for this child when outside.
As a popular and growing school, you will be joining a strong team of staff where you will be supported with the help of a mentor and ongoing CPD. You will need to be proactive in your approach, kind and caring and work well as part of a team. You will need to be calm and patient, yet consistent and clear in your communication both with the children and parents/carers.
The main areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting a child with complex medical needs and providing medical support throughout the day
- Delivering focused provision and support to enhance and extend children’s learning and progress under the guidance of external agencies and the class teacher
- Support the child to meet their personal targets
- Personalising resources to ensure they are accessible to the child you are working with.
- Ensure you are clear about intended learning outcomes and how these may be achieved.
- Support the child to ensure they have access to a range of learning opportunities.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent practitioner
- be hardworking, flexible and reliable
- have previous experience working with physical disabilities
- be a good communicator with at least grade C GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- be computer literate to support the child’s personalised learning
- be willing to provide assistance to the class teacher as well as being part of the whole school team
In return we will offer:
- a warm, caring, supportive and positive working environment
- friendly and well-motivated children
- excellent relationships with parents and other stakeholders
- a very attractive school environment with excellent resources
- opportunities for professional development.
Bramshall Meadows First School is committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS disclosure and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
Visits to the school are encouraged, please contact the office
Closing date: Thursday 30th November at 5pm
Interviews: Week commencing 11th December
How to apply
All completed applications be emailed to Mrs Heather Forrester at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01889 221555