- Start date: September 2023
- Salary: Salary £21,189 Pro Rata Grade 4 Point 4
- Hours: Mon – Fri 8.45am – 3.45pm Term time only
- Closing date: June 30th 2023 at 17:00
1:1 Teaching Assistant – 2 roles
We require 2 ambitious and experienced Teaching Assistants to support children’s learning for our reception class in our brand new, purpose-built school which opened in September 2022.
The successful candidates will be providing 1:1 support for children with an EHCP, starting in September 2023
The Governing Body and Headteacher at Bramshall Meadows First School are looking to appoint 2 caring, committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistants to support two of our pupils with additional needs.
We are seeking to employ an experienced teaching assistant who has previously worked with pupils with SEND and in particular Autism. An understanding of the curriculum across the age ranges in a primary school would be an advantage.
You will be responsible for supporting learning and progress, following guidance from staff and external agencies. You will deliver focused provision to specifically meet the needs of the child and will work alongside existing staff. At lunchtimes, you will provide additional support for children when outside.
As a popular and growing school, you will be joining a strong team of staff where you will be supported with the help of a mentor and ongoing CPD. You will need to be proactive in your approach, kind and caring and work well as part of a team. You will need to be calm and patient, yet consistent and clear in your communication both with the children and parents/carers.
The main areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting a child with their learning experiences meeting their individual needs.
- Delivering focused provision and support to enhance and extend children’s learning and progress under the guidance of external agencies and the class teacher
- Support the child to meet their personal targets
- Personalising resources to ensure they are accessible to the child you are working with.
- Ensure you are clear about intended learning outcomes and how these may be achieved.
- Support the child to ensure they have access to a range of learning opportunities.
- Support the child to develop an understanding of routines and expectations within the class.
- Build a strong relationship with the child and engage them in activities that increase their self-esteem, social skills and understanding of emotions.
The successful candidate will:-
- be an excellent practitioner
- be hardworking, flexible and reliable
- have previous experience working with children with autism in a primary school
- have knowledge and understanding of the primary curriculum
- be a good communicator with at least grade C GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- be computer literate to support the child’s personalised learning
- be willing to provide assistance to the class teacher as well as being part of the whole school team
- be willing to help ensure that all children receive rich and stimulating experiences which meet their individual needs.
In return we will offer:
- a warm, caring, supportive and positive working environment
- friendly and well-motivated children
- excellent relationships with parents and other stakeholders
- a very attractive school environment with excellent resources
- opportunities for professional development.
Bramshall Meadows First School is committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS disclosure and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
If you would like to visit school, please contact the office